We recently caught up with new mom Alyssa to see how breastfeeding is treating her (p.s. her beautiful daughter is the cutest thing ever!).
1. How old is your baby? She’s 10 weeks old.
2. What was your breastfeeding/pumping plan before you had the baby? My plan was to breastfeed as much as possible and pump only if I had to.
3. How has your plan differed (if at all) since having the baby? Thankfully, it has gone as planned.
4. What’s been the hardest part of breastfeeding for you? The easiest? The hardest part about breastfeeding was the first week when it was painful! The easiest has been bonding with my daughter.
5. Describe a typical day. What’s your routine? On a typical day, I breastfeed whenever my baby wants to, and she only gets a bottle 3 times per week when I’m in class.
6. How long do you intend to breastfeed? I plan to breastfeed until baby is done!
7. Have you had to make any dietary changes (eg, is your baby sensitive to any foods you eat)? I haven’t made dietary changes, although I’m still not drinking coffee (or just one if I do).
8. What’s your favorite thing about breastfeeding? Least favorite thing? My favorite thing about breastfeeding is just holding my daughter and staring at her while she stares at me. My least favorite is having to always consider what I wear and if it’ll allow me to nurse her.